PHL Embassy to hold consular outreach program in Chiang Mai
To serve the Filipino Community in the northern provinces, the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand will hold a Consular Outreach Program on Saturday, July 2, 2016 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at Chiang Mai Hill 2000 Hotel in Chiang Mai.
Community members in the provinces of Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Phayao, Phrae, Uttaradit and surrounding areas are encouraged to come and avail of the outreach services.
Services include the following according to the announcement:
PASSPORT APPLICATIONS (new, renewal of old, lost or damaged passports).
- Please bring original passport and photocopy of the passport data page.
- For lost passports, please bring a police report with English translation.
- Before the outreach, check first with the Embassy if the passport is ready for release.
- You can do this online: www.bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph in the link “Lists of Passports Ready for Release” found on the right side of the web page,
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
by phone: +662-259-0139 to 40 / +662-258-5401 / +66-89-926-5954.
- Please make sure that the Consular Section confirmed your request for passport release.
- Those who renewed their passports in previous consular outreach missions still need to inform the Embassy if they would claim their passports in the coming outreach.
CLAIM OF OTHER DOCUMENTS APPLIED AT THE EMBASSY IN BANGKOK
- Before the outreach, please confirm with the Consular Section if you are claiming your documents in the coming outreach.
- A community dialogue between the consular team and the Filipino community will be conducted during the outreach. Members of the community are encouraged to participate.
Meanwhile, the consular team will NOT render CIVIL REGISTRY (birth, marriage, death) or NOTARIAL SERVICES as these services are readily available at the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Chiang Mai, the announcement added.
Filipinos who want to avail of the above mentioned consular service applications are advised to come early as it will be held on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more details, you can visit the embassy website at www.bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph or call the following hotline numbers: +66 8 992-65954 / +662-259-0139 to 40 / +662-258-5401 / +66-89-926-5954.