Filipino student mathletes won 10 medals in the 16th Hanoi Open Mathematics Challenge (HOMC 2019) held on 2-6 April, 2019 in Vietnam. The event was participated by more than 700 students from China, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Poland, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
“It’s the first international contest for students under the MTG this year and we are very happy with the results,” Mathematics Trainers Guild of the Philippines President Dr. Isidro Aguilar said. He added that the delegation won two bronze medals in team competitions.
The following is the rundown of winners:
- Bryce Ainsley Sanchez, Grade 10, Grace Christian College
- Immanuel Josiah Balete, Grade 10, Saint Stephen’s High School
- Enzo Rafael Chan, Grade 8, Bayanihan Institute-Tarlac
- Rickson Caleb Tan, Grade 8,MGC New Life Christian Academy
- Cassidy Kyler Tan, Davao Christian High School
- Noel Stephen Dequito, Xavier School Nuvali
- Daryll Carlsten Ko, Grade 10, Saint Stephen’s High School
- Issam Wang, Grade 10, Manila Science High School
The Mathematics Trainers Guild of the Philippines 8 junior and senior high students from different schools in the country.