A charity volleyball tournament was organized by the Filipino teachers of Sacred Heart Convent School, together with its staff and administration on April 2, 2017 at Sacred Heart Convent School in Klongtoey, Bangkok. “Spike for a Cause” is a charity tournament for the benefit of the victims of the Surigao earthquake.
There are 2 divisions for this tournament, men and women’s category. Form a team of 6 with maximum of 12 members per category, and register your team on or before March 27. The organizers will still receive late registrants if the 8 teams per category is not yet filled. Cash prizes and awards await the top 3 winners. See full details below.
(Reservation and General information)
- The tournament is open to all FILIPINO CITIZENS working and/or visiting Thailand.
- The tournament shall be held on April 2, 2017 at Sacred Heart Convent School (94 Suthonkosa Road, Khlong Toey Bangkok)
- The tournament will have two divisions – All Women’s Division and All Men’s Division.
- Each division will only have eight (8) slots. Only the first eight teams who have reservations for each division will be allowed to compete.
- A group with a maximum number of twelve (12) members may join a division specified.
- A registration fee of five thousand baht (B 5,000.00) shall be collected from each group. (Inclusive of two-bottled water per player.)
- Two thousand baht (B 2,000.00) shall be collected, along with the tentative list of players, for reservation on or before 5:00 pm of March 21, 2017.
- Final list of players must be submitted on or before March 27, 2017.
- The remaining three thousand baht (B 3,000.00) must be paid on the day of the tournament during the final briefing at 8:00 am.
- Only teams that made reservations shall be allowed to compete. NO WALK-IN TEAMS ALLOWED.
- A team coach is optional. A TEAM CAPTAIN however is required for each team.
- The TEAM CAPTAIN must be at the venue on the day of the tournament before 7:30 am for the final briefing and draw-lots.
- Player/s whose name/s do/es not appear on the group’s final list will not be allowed to play.
- Non-players shall have an entrance fee of fifty baht (B 50.00) inclusive of one-bottled water.
(RULES AND TOURNAMENT PROPER)
- The tournament shall award the following to the winners.
- 1st Prize: B 8,000.00, Trophy and Medals
- 2nd Prize: B 5,000.00, Trophy and Medals
- 3rd Prize: B 3,000.00, Trophy and Medals
- Each division shall have two brackets, Bracket A and Bracket B respectively.
- A draw-lot shall be conducted during the Final Briefing at 7:30 am of the competition date to determine the brackets of each team. ONLY THE TEAM CAPTAIN OR COACH MAY DRAW.
- Team uniforms are optional. However, sport shoes or rubber shoes are required.
- Since the venue is a Convent School, participants and spectators are requested to dress modestly. NO REVEALING CLOTHES ALLOWED.
- Teams are requested to be at the ANNOUNCER’S TABLE three (3) minutes before their match.
- A team that fails to appear after the second call (exactly three minutes later) shall have their match forfeited.
- The tournament will follow a round-robin system. To determine the order of competition, another draw-lot shall be conducted during the Final Briefing.
- Each match will have three sets. A team wins a set when its score reaches fifteen (15) points. The team that wins two sets wins the match.
- Only the TOP 2 TEAMS FOR EACH BRACKET SHALL ADVANCE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS.
- In case of a tie in overall number of wins, the team with the highest number of points shall advance.
- The championship rounds will have two sets. A team that reaches 25 points first shall win the set. The team that wins two sets wins the match.
- An Official Referee, Linesman (2), and Official Scorer shall be present in each match.
- Only the Team Captain or Team Coach can contest a call only during dead ball situations or time-outs.
- THE DECISION OF THE REFEREE IS FINAL.
For more inquiries and details about this tournament, feel free to contact Kristoff at LINE ID kristoff.linkho, Facebook message him at Kristoff Linkho or directly call him at 090-553-1281.