Call for Proposals: DOT-Tourism Research Grant 2019
The Department of Tourism (DOT), in line with its objective of promoting a culture of tourism research in the country is calling for research proposals for its 2019 Tourism Research Grant. The DOT is providing financial assistance to individual research in tourism. The grant aims to foster evidence-based planning, decision-making, and policy formulation.
Conceptualized by the Office of Tourism Development Planning, Research and Information Management, this new program also seeks to develop a Philippine journal of tourism research studies and other related topics.
The grant is available to all Filipino graduate and postgraduate students, faculty members, and tourism practitioners currently enrolled or affiliated with any academic institution or tourism organization.
Institutions, societies, universities, NGOs, and civil society groups are NOT eligible to apply. Officials and staff of the Department of Tourism and its attached agencies are also NOT eligible to apply.
Submission of applications and proposals to the 2019 DOT-Tourism Research Grant Program will start on May 2, 2019 (Thursday) with the following requirements:
- Duly Accomplished Application Form (click to download)
- Research Abstract (click to download)
- Research Proposal (click to download)
- Budget Proposal (click to download)
- For students only:
- Accomplished Recommendation form from the thesis/dissertation/research adviser or Department Chair (click to download), and a photocopy of the signatory’s ID
- Certificate of Enrollment from the University of Academic Institution
- For faculty members, Certificate of Employment from the University or Academic Institution
- For Tourism Practitioners, Certificate of Employment or Affiliation from the Organization of Institutions
Research proposals must be aligned with the DOT Secretary’s policy direction for the current year. For 2019, the research themes are:
- Efficiency and effectivity of social media as a communication channel for sustainable tourism marketing and promotions
- Investments in green technologies by tourism-oriented establishments
- Ensuring the safety and security of tourists through mandatory accreditation of accommodation establishments
- Impact of travel advisories to the safety and security image of the Philippines as a tourist destination
- Impact of removing visa restrictions to the Chinese and Indian source markets
- Assessing the educational and dive products and markets
- Impact of the ASEAN MRA on the Philippine accommodation labor market
Deadline of applications is on May 31, 2019 (Friday) at the close of business hours (5:00 PM, Philippine Standard Time). Complete documents must be sent to the Philippine Department of Tourism through firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line “Surname – Research Theme”. Late and/or incomplete submissions will automatically be disqualified.
For inquiries, you may contact:
Mr. Alex C. Macatuno
Office of Tourism Development Planning, Research and Information Management
Philippine Department of Tourism
5th Floor, New DOT Building, 351 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City
Trunk line: 4595200, Local: 506 or 512
***For emails, use the subject line: “DOT Tourism Research Grant_Surname – Subject”