Here is the latest travel advisory from the Department of Transportation posted on its official Facebook page on Monday evening, March 16, 2020.
Department of Transportation (DOTr) ADVISORY
16 March 2020
In line with the imposition of an Enhanced Community Quarantine and the Stringent Social Distancing Measures over the entire Luzon, including the National Capital Region (NCR), the following guidelines shall be implemented effective 12:00 AM of 17 March 2020 until 12:00 AM of 13 April 2020:
- MRT-3, LRT-1, LRT-2, and PNR shall suspend its operations;
- Operations of land transport modes such as public utility buses, jeepneys, taxis, Transport Network Vehicle Service (TNVS), FX, UV Express, Point-to-Point (P2P) buses, and Motorcycle Taxis shall be suspended;
- The DOTr aviation sector shall let foreigners depart (outbound) from the Philippines within 72 hours upon the effectivity of the Enhanced Community Quarantine;
- Airport operation shall be limited to outgoing flights carrying foreigners and tourists. Filipinos are not allowed to go outside the country;
- Inbound flights will only be for repatriating Filipinos;
- Land, air and sea travel of uniformed personnel for official business, especially those transporting medical supplies, laboratory specimens related to the COVID-19, and other humanitarian assistance, shall be allowed;
- Only 1 (one) person per household is allowed to go outside their homes to buy basic necessities. Use of private vehicles for this purpose shall be allowed; and
- Media vehicles and reporters shall be allowed to travel within the community quarantine area, provided that they secure a special media pass from the PCOO.
All other specific details or requests for clarification shall be discussed and clarified in another IATF meeting to be held tomorrow.