Thailand has categorized incoming travelers into three. The Philippines belongs in the third category which is named travelers from other areas. Below are the categories and details on what travelers must do and prepare when visiting Thailand during this time.
- Travelers from the Disease Infected Zones
- Travelers from ongoing local transmission areas
- Travelers from other areas
- Travelers with fever and at least one of the following symptoms: runny nose, sore throat, and difficult breathing must notify the disease control officers at the quarantine office immediately upon arrival in Thailand.
- All travelers will pass a fever screening through a thermal scan. If the travelers exhibit disease symptoms, the officers will take their history for further details and to provide recommendations.
- The travelers should take care of themselves with good sanitation, self- protection, avoiding crowded places, eating cooked food, using serving spoons, washing hands and wearing cloth masks. While coughing or sneezing, cover mouth and nose in an appropriate way.
Photos: DDC, REUTERS