UnderBuhay OFW, News, Public Service, Embassy Advisory, Philippine Embassy Bangkok, Philippine Embassy Thailand
Advice on emergency cases such as deaths, accidents, and assistance on emergency travel documents will still be provided seven days a week by messaging the ATN phone at +66-81-989-7116. An Embassy official will reply as soon as other cases are served.
Below are the two advisories issued by the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok.
Following (1) the decision this afternoon (17 March 2020) by the Royal Thai Government concerning the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic to implement measures limiting mass gatherings such as the closure of educational institutions and the postponement of the Songkran holidays, (2) the latest Thailand Situation Report from the World Health Organization showing that there are now substantially more local transmission cases (103 cases) than imported cases (67) in the Kingdom, and (3) the latest COVID-19 report from the Philippine Department of Health stating that the Philippines has two (2) Filipino nationals who are imported COVID-19 cases from Thailand, the Philippine Embassy wishes to advise all Filipinos in Thailand to stay at home, limit their movements, and avoid mass gatherings in line with strict social distancing measures to preserve their health and well-being.
With respect to the operations of the Philippine Embassy, the public is informed of the following:
- Receipt and processing of Philippine visa applications are suspended from 18 March 2020 until further notice.
- Postponement of all consular missions from 01 April 2020 until further notice.
- Suspension of solemnization of marriage services from April 2020 until further notice.
- From 23 March 2020 until further notice, releasing of new passports by mail only. Please email email@example.com with the subject “Passport Release By Mail” to avail of this service.
- From 23 March 2020 until further notice, frontline consular services (passports, notarization, certification, and legalization) will be provided based on the schedule below:
- A maximum of 15 clients will be accommodated at the Consular Section at any given time to avoid overcrowding and to implement the one meter by one meter social distancing measure.
- Advice on emergency cases such as deaths, accidents, and assistance on emergency travel documents will still be provided seven days a week by messaging the ATN phone at +66-81-989-7116. An Embassy official will reply as soon as other cases are served.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation on these measures during this extraordinary global pandemic.
Bangkok, 17 March 2020