Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, PAL and the Philippine Government have issued precautionary measures, mandatory protocols and requirements for travelers. For passengers in international flights to the Philippines, please be guided on new arrival and quarantine procedures in Bohol, Cebu, Clark, Davao, Laoag, Manila, and Subic.
We encourage all passengers to follow the guide, register in advance and pre-book their hotels as necessary to avoid any inconvenience and experience faster processing upon arrival.
To ensure everyone’s health and safety, Philippine Airlines and its passengers shall strictly observe the following in all airport facilities and on board the aircraft:
- Mandatory wearing of face masks. Effective November 16, 2021, as mandated by the Philippine Department of Transportation, wearing of face shields under Alert Level 1, 2, and 3 will not be mandatory, but shall be voluntary for air passengers in the airport and during the flight.-For areas under Alert Level 4 and those areas where LGUs are given discretion to mandate the use of face shields and having jurisdiction over the airports concerned, PAL shall ensure that all its passengers wear appropriate shields as required.-For areas under Alert Level 5 and granular lockdowns, and in areas under Enhanced Community Quarantine, face shields shall be mandatory. PAL shall ensure that all its passengers wear appropriate shields as required.
- Mandatory registration to Bureau of Quarantine’s One Health Pass at https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/e-HDC for Manila, Clark, Davao, Laoag, Bohol and Subic. Other Case Investigation Forms depending on the traveler’s type and port of entry.
- Mandatory use of the Traze Mobile Application to generate and scan their QR code when entering in, boarding from, and upon arriving in all Philippine Airports starting November 28, 2020, as mandated by the Philippine Department of Transportation. Click here to download and know more about the Traze App.
- Mandatory temperature checks, use of foot baths, and disinfection/sanitation facilities.
- Mandatory physical and social distancing and minimum contact at all times and in all places within the airport premises, and during all procedures, from check-in, boarding, inflight (as applicable), disembarking to retrieving of check-in baggage.
- Mandatory public safety announcements before closing of doors and during flight for cabin and health security protocols.
- Strict compliance with safety procedures on handling of suspected/ill passengers on board, which include keeping the last three (3) seat rows of the plane vacant as isolation area for suspected ill passengers already on board.
- Regular sanitation and disinfection of all airline facilities and equipment, and in coordination with the airport authorities, all airport facilities and equipment, including lavatories, frequently touched surfaces, wheelchairs, trolleys, countertops, etc.; Daily first aid stocks available on board the aircraft.
Philippine Airlines shall do its best to observe social distancing measures inside the aircraft, subject to space availability. Family members and individuals travelling together as part of the same household may still choose to be seated together.
More details at PAL website