The beautiful white sand beach of Koh Larn is off to tourists from August 11 to 24 in a bid to curb new cases of Covid-19 infections on the island.
The provided guidelines are as follows:
- That hotel and resort operators need to ensure that guests should leave the island by August 10, and no further bookings are taken until further notice.
- Speed boat operators should suspend their services. Permission is required from the Covid-19 administration center if the use of it is necessary.
- No ferry services are allowed on weekends. Only two ferry schedules are allowed at 7:30 a.m. and at 5:00 p.m. on weekdays (Monday to Friday).
- Non-residents who need to enter the island for work or business must seek permission at least 24 hours in advance. A negative test result from Covid-19 is necessary upon entry.
- Other ships carrying goods and food should not carry passengers other than the delivery personnel.
- Postal and courier services should leave parcels in front of the house and should not go near the receiver’s door.
Everyone is encouraged to cooperate and follow the guidelines to get the island back to normalcy. Residents are directed to be aware of further announcements from Chonburi’s Communicable Disease Committee.
Koh Lan’s first Covid-19 case was reported on August 1 which has spread to 20 others within a few days.
Koh Lan is one of the favorites among foreign and local tourists because of its fine white sand beach and proximity to Bangkok, being less than two hours drive away including the ferry ride.