Buhay OFW

Things to know when planning to have a wedding at the Embassy

As an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), having your marriage solemnized at the embassy is one practical way of getting through your marriage plans without going back to the Philippines and spend most of your savings.

The Philippine Embassy in Bangkok has one consul general and three vice consuls who may solemnize a wedding in pursuant to Article 10 of the Family Code of the Philippines which states:

“Marriages between Filipino citizens abroad may be solemnized by a consul-general, consul or vice-consul of the Republic of the Philippines. The issuance of the marriage license and the duties of the local civil registrar and of the solemnizing officer with regard to the celebration of marriage shall be performed by said consular official.”

At the embassy, however, Vice Consul Jim Minglana officiates the wedding. VC Minglana is the head of the consular section.

So here are the requirements you need to comply, fees to pay and dates to choose from for your wedding. All information including the figures come from the Philippine Embassy website.

1. Both parties are required to appear in person before the consular officer at the Embassy to apply for CLCCM;

  • If one/ both of the contracting parties is/ are between 18 to 21 years old, an “Affidavit of Consent” executed by the parents of the contracting parties should be presented to the consular officer.
  • If one/ both of the contracting parties is/ are between 21-25 years old, a written proof of Parental Advice should be presented to the consular officer.

2. Certificate of No Record of Previous Marriage (CENOMAR) of both parties issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). The CENOMAR should have a validity of six (6) months upon presentation to the Consular Unit;

3. “Certificate of Live Birth” of both parties issued by the NSO and duly authenticated by DFA;

4. Photocopy of the data-page of both parties’ Philippine passports. Kindly note that the Embassy does not offer photocopying service; and

5. Payment of the following fees:

  •    Application for Marriage License Fee
  •    CLCCM fee
  •    Solemnization of Marriage of fee and
  •    Report of Marriage fee

NOTE: After complying with the above requirements, the Contracting Parties shall make an appointment with the Consular Unit on the date of solemnization of marriage. The Contracting Parties and two (2) witnesses above eighteen (18) years of age are requested to be present at the Embassy an hour before the appointed time in formal attire.

Fees (Total: 5,920 THB)

  1. Application for Marriage License Fee (1,850.00 THB)
  2. CLCCM fee (925.00 THB)
  3. Solemnization of Marriage of fee and (2,220.00 THB)
  4. Report of Marriage fee (925.00 THB)

Schedule for 2017

Solemnization of marriages is every third (3rd) Wednesday of the month:

  • January 18
  • February 15
  • March 15
  • April 19
  • May 17
  • June 21
  • July 19
  • August 16
  • September 20
  • October 18
  • November 15
  • December 20

Who should you contact at the embassy?
The Consular Section solemnizes marriages between Filipino nationals.

Consular Section
Telephone: +662-259-0139 to 40 or +662-258-5401
Fax: +662-259-2809 or +662- 2597373
Hotline: +66-89-926-5954