Buhay OFW

Important reminders about 90 days report

If you are working in Thailand, you are required by law to do a 90 days report. It means that foreigners working in the kingdom must notify the Thai immigration of their whereabouts  within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires. It can be done in several ways such as appearing in person, authorizing someone to do it for you, sending registered mail or via internet at www.immigration.go.th.

So here are some important reminders you have to remember when doing a 90 days report. This is taken from the Immigration website.

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days

Procedure and notification

  1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The foreigner makes the notification via internet at website www.immigration.go.th go to menu “Online Service”
    OR Click Here
  5. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  6. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.
Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days (online)

Offices accepting notification:

  1. Immigration Division1 Office, The Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi, Bangkok
  2. One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Buliding , Floor 18, Phayathai Rd. Phatumwan, Bangkok (Only the specific law)
    Services are provided only to foreigners who have already submitted an application for temporary stay in the kingdom of thailand.
  3. Immigration Service Center for 3 National Legalized Labors ( Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia) at Major Hollywood Suksawat or Imperial World Ladprao
    Only special Labor of three Nationalities Loas , Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok.
  4. Immigration offices throughout the country

Notification by registered mail

  1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    – front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    – current visa
    – last entry stamp of immigration
    – last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don’t forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

    Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to:

    Chalermprakiat Government Complex
    LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

    – Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
    – Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
    – Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
    – Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
    – Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Important things to remember:

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.

Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, will be fined 5,000.

Baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200.- Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Source: Immigration Division 1