The Philippine Embassy in Bangkok is looking for a full-time General Utility Man, Alternate Driver and Messenger.
- Good in spoken and written English and can speak and understand the Thai language;
- Has prior or related experience as GUM, driver and messenger;
- Has knowledge in the maintenance of company premises and repair of office equipment;
- Has a valid driver’s license, good driving skills and is familiar with the roads in Bangkok and nearby provinces;
- Has good knowledge of Bangkok/Thai road safety and traffic rules and regulations;
- Hardworking, proactive, trustworthy, patient, discreet, neat and has a pleasant personality;
- Willing and available to work overtime and on weekends/holidays; and
- Physically fit to assume the responsibilities of the job.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance activities at the Embassy premises;
- Repair broken office equipment;
- Provide transportation service for the Embassy and be responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of official vehicles and handle the same with care and prudence;
- Ensure that official vehicles are used solely for official purposes;
- Deliver or receive packages, documents, letters and invitations, among others; and
- Perform other tasks that may be necessary in the exigencies of the service.
- Basic starting salary pay in accordance with the Thai labor law;
- Leave entitlement benefits in accordance with the Thai labor law;
- Holiday pay;
- Overtime pay;
- Initial contract of employment of six (6) months, renewable for the same period subject to the employee’s work performance; and
- Other employment benefits as required by the Thai labor law.
If you are interested and possess the above qualifications, please submit your letter of application and curriculum vitae to email address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21 December 2021.
Source: PE Bangkok