Pope Francis will have an audience with His Majesty the King, meets PM Prayuth Chan-ocha, and holds two masses in Bangkok when he visits the capital next month, Vatican representatives said Wednesday.
- Meeting with His Majesty King Vajiralongkorn, government officials and Buddhist Patriarch
- Hospital visit and public mass at the National Stadium
- Hold discussions with Catholic priests and bishops in Thailand
- Meeting representatives from other Christian denominations
- Hold another mass for young people at Assumption Cathedral
“He has a heart for the youth and is forward-looking, so there is a dedicated mass for the young people,” Monsignor Wissanu Thanya-anan, deputy secretary-general of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Thailand.
The pope is set to leave Bangkok for Tokyo in the morning of Nov. 23.
Read more at Khaosod English